Many people assume – with good intentions, but incorrectly – that the battle is now a narrow fight over a specific I-66 route. Some think that this is not their fight. All residents of western Prince William County are at risk, those on Dominion Virginia Power’s active route list (Carver Road, Madison, Railroad, I-66 Overhead, I-66 Hybrid), as well as those on previously considered routes (New Road, Northern, Western). In the current application, Dominion has provided the State Corporation Commission(SCC) with information for all 8 route alternatives. While Dominion has proposed the I-66 Overhead route in the application, the SCC’s final route choice can be any of the 8 alternatives presented, or a totally different route.
In this map the Coalition reflects all route alternatives from the Haymarket transmission and substation project. The RED line is Dominion’s proposed I-66 Overhead route alternative to the SCC, and all other alternatives from the application are reflected in BLACK.
Dominion Virginia Power Maps
- View Overview Map (as filed – Nov. 6, 2015)
- Proposed Project: I-66 Overhead Detailed Map Set (as filed – Nov. 6, 2015)
- I-66 Overhead/Underground “Hybrid” Alternative Route Detailed Map Set (as filed – Nov. 6, 2015)
- Carver Road Alternative Route Detailed Map Set (as filed – Nov. 6, 2015)
- Madison Alternative Route Detailed Map Set (as filed – Nov. 6, 2015)
- Railroad Alternative Route Detailed Map Set (as filed – Nov. 6, 2015)
Older Map Versions
- View Studied Route Alternatives (Updated June 24, 2015)
- I-66 Alternatives (“Hybrid” Overhead/Underground and Overhead options) Detailed Map Set
- Railroad Alternative Detailed Map Set
- Carver Road Alternative Detailed Map Set
- Madison Alternative Detailed Map Set
- View a map of environmental constraints. (As of Sept. 8, 2014 – although the routes have evolved, the constraints remain the same.)
- View a map of the route alternatives being evaluated. (Updated Nov. 24, 2014 and subject to change)
- View a detailed series of maps showing the full right-of-way width (Preliminary route as of Aug. 5, 2014 – this shows just one route but visually demonstrates the right-of-way that could potential be applied to other overhead routes).
- View a series of maps showing the alternative railroad alignment. (As of Sept. 8, 2014)