Join the conversation on http://thejeffersoniad.com/
I called Mr Riggelman yesterday to explain to him the numerous errors in this post. His office was not interested in hearing the facts since they were inconsistent with the misinformation he’s spreading for political purposes.
Here’s the truth. The bill has nothing to do with Dominion. Dominion did not instigate or support the bill. Dominion has almost zero 138kv transmission lines. The bill has zero to do with PWC. The bill simply clarifies the unanimous 2012 legislation. But Mr Riggelman’s inability to read a bill and lack of interest in a constructive fact based dialogue tells me all I need to know about the man as a statewide candidate.
Del. Habeeb, I’m sorry, but not surprised to see that your arrogance and obnoxious behavior extends beyond the House floor. Although your constituents might be incapable of complex thought or seeing further down the road than the ground beneath your feet, don’t presume that the remainder of the Commonwealth’s residents are so handicapped.
If you want some facts try these on for size:
1. Dominion has solicited support for the bill from some delegates and denied association with it to others.
2. There is nothing to prevent the Senate Committee or Senate as a whole from amending your bill or SB1110.
3. There is nothing to prevent the Governor from amending any version that reaches his desk.
4. The poorly crafted legislation establishes a precedent of the worst kind and could come back to repeatedly haunt the Commonwealth in future years.
5. Local jurisdictions have used their zoning authority to deny substations in the past and in many jurisdictions preclude them in entire zoning designations. Perhaps you should go back and read the Skiffs Creek decision before opening your yap.
6. The Commonwealth’s citizens that you assert are misleading the public and the General Assembly are largely more intelligent, accomplished and discerning than you, regardless the Esq. at the end of your title. Just so you are aware, many of those carpet bombing the General Assembly with emails and phone calls have advanced degrees and include retired politicians, lawyers, engineers, scientists, CEO, lobbyists, senior government officials and of course your ordinary citizens.
7. It is you that is willingly or unwittingly spreading misinformation be it for political purposes or repayment for Dominion and APCO’s generous contributions.
8. As the bill is not limited to the counties down in Appalachia and is by its very nature legislation that impacts the entirety of the Commonwealth, it does have everything to do with PWC and Dominion.
What you fail to understand is that we see the big picture that is either beyond your myopic view or one that you would rather not have us see. The only difference between us similarly concerned residents of the Commonwealth is that we have fought many land use battles over the past decades and are cynical to a fault. As a result, we are also very well organized and not inclined to take prisoners.
Let me put it in words you might understand, that dog won’t hunt.